Blog Post 6

My initial impression of Diigo was that it was simplistic, and I didn’t really understand the use. However, I like the class library/hub of links that are accessible on Diigo. I think it’s useful as a tool to keep links, highlight and annotate text, and share sites or files with others. It seems like a great organizational tool after exploring it for a bit.

I’ve enjoyed my blogging experience so far. I never expected to have a blog, especially not for school (and I have two this semester). I like the nonchalant-ness of blogging most. Being able to type what you want without restrictions of formal writing is refreshing honestly. The thing I dislike about it is that I don’t think I’m the blogger-type so I’m unsure how to write about and address all the topics in a coherent and interesting way. I’m just still unfamiliar with it and I struggle to adapt my writing for different topics.

I found a website called Polling Everywhere. It allows anyone to create surveys, polls, and quizzes for an audience to interact with. For teachers, it could be a useful way to anonymously and quickly get the classroom’s opinion on a topic. Kids (and really anyone) love to give their opinion or vote on something. It seems like a great way to let the students be more active in the classroom and give them somewhat of a voice/choice in what they do or learn. It could also be used in a Kahoot! way where students can answer questions in real time during a lesson or presentation.

https://www.polleverywhere.com/

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Blog Post

Blog Post #8

Blog Post #9