Blog Post #8

 I’ve learned that it’s much harder to make a website than I had previously thought. From proper formatting to color/pallet choices, I found it difficult to create something worth looking at. However, it has definitely given me insight on all the little things that go into creating a website and it was pretty fun too! I tried to utilize all of the principles of CRAP but I struggled with alignment and proximity. There were certain things that I couldn’t get quite right and there were other things that fit perfectly. Spacing and sizing were things I struggled with most and I couldn’t figure out how to adjust certain things to my liking. With time and practice I could definitely make a better site but I think just following CRAP will help you get the basics down and allow you to create a solid website. Hopefully I can hone my website-designing skills once I become and educator, and I’m excited to make it as fun and informative as I can.

My website link: https://hvkkjllklk.weebly.com/

I don’t use much AI in my day-to-day. The most I’ll do is ask Siri to turn off my alarms after I wake up or maybe ask her a question once in a blue moon. The only reason I don’t use them is because I feel like I have no need for it. I’m not one to try out new technology so I wasn’t super motivated to use AI tools like chat GPT, but after using them a bit more I can envision myself utilizing them in the future.

My perspective has changed since using AI in class, it’s more positive now. Once I started using ChatGPT as a search engine rather than a tool to write with, I started to enjoy using it more. I underestimated AI chatbots initially and I didn’t understand the utility as much as I do now. I can see the use but if it progresses its writing capabilities then I can see how it would be a problem in the classroom. As a teacher, I would try to emphasize the importance of using AI as a tool to assist rather than a tool to create. I’m not sure if there would really be a way to stop the students from using AI to write their assignments other than AI detection tools.

I feel like it could be very useful as an alternative for Google or other search engines. Since ChatGPT pulls from a giant hub of recorded information, it can describe things to you in detail (when prompted) using information it pulled from the web. Comparatively, you have to dig a bit more sometimes when googling things (having to go on different websites to find what you’re looking for). It definitely cuts corners and saves time which makes it more time efficient. You can even ask it to dumb things down a bit if the topic has a lot of unfamiliar jargon. It can also help you to generate ideas for practically anything which I could see myself utilizing for classroom activities.

Comments

  1. Hi! I really like how you designed your class website! The black and white contrast made ti very clear to read and all the images you used were also super clear. It was vey easy to navigate as well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Blog Post

Blog Post #9